Numbering for cvs-cur

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at math.missouri.edu
Mon Jun 2 12:40:20 PDT 2003

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

> Welcome to the new ctm-users mailing list.  I thought I would get a
> discussion going by discussing an issue we will face in about nine
> months time.  cvs-cur goes through about 100 deltas per month, which
> indicates that the current numbering system is going to run out in about
> nine months.

A while back, someone (I forget who) suggested that I simply try the
software out to see what would happen when the 4 digits run out for
numbering the cvs-cur deltas.  Well, I am happy to report that the
programs seem to seemlessly switch to 5 digits.  You should see this
happen with cvs-cur sometime at the end of this year.  The change should
be largely transparent.  (If a problem should later arise, I will deal
with it then, probably by restarting at 100.)

Best, Stephen

--

Stephen Montgomery-Smith
stephen at math.missouri.edu