Many SCSI errors

Petriz, Pablo ppetriz at siscat.com.ar
Thu Jul 8 13:00:03 PDT 2004

The badblocks command has finished ok (no HD errors), but sometimes
when it was running it hangs because we lost communication with the
tower. The hang is produced on the SCSI and it generates a log like
the one i've attached at my first mail

> >    So the conclusion is that the HD are ok, the problem is ...
> >    Transmission (cable, SCSIcards, terminators) or software:
> >    SCSI driver / firmware tower firmware.
> >
> > 3) We change SCSI cable. Test again using badblocks but same
> >    error happens "transmision error detected" and out.
>  <SNIP>
> When you get the "transmision error detected", what (if
> anything) does the
> rm8000 show when you do the `lv` command over the serial cable?

Mmmm... the RM8000 doesn´t show anything in the log file trough
webpam.

What is the 'lv' command over the serial cable?

PABLO