problem with target mode

Technoservice technoservice at mail.lviv.ua
Thu Nov 6 02:34:43 PST 2003

Hi,

I have two AHA-2940UW cards on two different machines respectively. I named them TARGET_COMP and INITIATOR_COMP. They are connected by an internal 50-pin SCSI cable. On TARGET_COMP machine is FreeBSD 5.1.

When I triggered the target mode operation on the TARGET_COMP machine, then is messages:

“Configuring TARGET Mode

(noperiph:ahc0:0:5:0): Lun now enable for TARGET_COMP mode”

When I rescans the bus from the INITIATOR_COMP machine (when machine is starting), it found nothing. On the one way, the INITIATOR_COMP did select the target mode controller, but it got no response and returned with time out message. On the other way, the TARGET_COMP controller didn't capture any select request. On the other way, the INITIATOR_COMP did select the TARGET_COMP mode controller, but it got no response and returned message: “Improper termination or faulty cable detected. Please rectify”. In this time on TARGET_COMP machine is message: “Someone reset channel A”. This is not a cabling or termination problem. (I connected HDD to both AHA-2940UW cards and it work properly.)

Help me, please.

 Thanks,

Vladyka Igor