Data Parity Error w/aic7xxxx 6.2.8, 2940u2w, quantum drives

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Mon May 12 14:09:51 PDT 2003

> I'm running redhat 2.4.2 with the aic7xxx 6.2.3 driver sucessfully. via
> chipset, amd k6-2/300.  Attempting to upgrade redhat.  New driver is
> 6.2.8.  Can't read my file system.  Badness as follows:

Some device in your system has been configured such that it now
sends PCI transactions with bad parity across the PCI bus.  The
latest vesion of the aic7xxx driver will automatically disable
its detection of these errors after reporting the first ten.  This
may be enough to get you up and running.  The last time this type
of issue was debugged, it turned out to be an updated network card
driver that was causing the spammage.  You can get updated drivers
from here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/RPM/aic7xxx/
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/DUD/aic7xxx/

--