aic79xx not working 2.4.23

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Thu Dec 4 11:47:04 PST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> Are you saying it works as a module?  Do you have HostRAID enabled
> in the controller BIOS?  HostRAID is not supported by the aic79xx
> driver.

I've also recently had a problem loading aic79xx on an Adaptec 7902. IIRC
I left HostRAID enabled, and the user who can access the machine still
reports that it doesn't find any devices. Would having HostRAID enabled
prevent the driver finding the card (or have I got other issues to
investigate?).

In my case it's not critical, we just need the 7902 to run the tape drive
(which we currently have on another box, doing backups with NFS), but I
would like to resolve it ...

Regards,
Buchan