installation problem on AIC-7890 systems

Stefan Bergholz stefan.bergholz at de.tiscali.com
Mon Jan 21 09:16:17 PST 2002

Hi Justin,

Jonathan M. Bresler told us to inform you about our problem with installing
FreeBSD since release 4.4 on systems using AIC-7890 SCSI-controllers.
(We are a large ISP and we and our customers are still using a lot of this
systems.)

We discovered that the generic kernel doesn't support 7890s, while our self
made kernel does fine. This is for installations not very usefull.

Could you help to fix this problem until 4.5 final release, please?
Many thanks!

Best regards,

Stefan Bergholz