Modified RH 7.1 images, anyone?

Lars Nummedal lars at nummedal.net
Tue Jun 5 02:13:01 PDT 2001

Hi,

I have tried to set up RedHat 7.1 with the included kernel using both the
J. Gibbs and the D. Ledford aic7xxx-drivers that are included with the
distro. They all have timeout problems on my Adaptec 7896-based
controller. However, with version 6.1.13 (in kernel 2.4.5) of J. Gibbs'
driver, the machine boots and runs perfectly. It has also run without a
problem for 30 days + with RH 7.0 and 2.2.19aa1 (using the D. Ledford
driver), so I do not think it is a cable/termination problem.

So, my question is very simple: Does anybody have a set of RH 7.1
installation disks containing the latest version of the J. Gibbs-driver?
If not, can someone please point me to a place where it is explained how
to make new RH 7.1 installations images?

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards
--
Lars Nummedal
Email:    lars at nummedal.net
WWW:	  http://lars.nummedal.net/

According to my calculations the problem doesn't exist.