Compiler Issues 2.4.6 and 6.2.0 BETA 1 / 6.2.0

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Thu Jul 19 13:04:51 PDT 2001

>I've applied these two patches to try to solve some of the difficulties
>I've been having with the older driver versions. When compiling a new
>kernel, I'm getting the following compilation errors:

You should only need to apply one or the other of the patches.
If you were already running the BETA, did you "patch -R" the 6.2.0-BETA1
patch prior to patching with 6.2.0?  I've verified that the 6.2.0 patch
is correct in regards to building the assembler with version number support.
Somthing in your source seems to be screwed up.

BTW, you shouldn't need to rebuild the firmware if your source is properly
patched.  The default is not to build it, but you can controll that with
an aic7xxx kernel config option.

--
Justin