Is original AHA2940UW supported (from RH Bugzilla)?

Eugene Dale Tyler edt at world.std.com
Fri Jul 6 09:16:39 PDT 2001

>From Bugzill on Redhat #44109:
+
+------- Additional comments from chughes1 at cfl.rr.com 2001-07-05 09:10:01
-------
+I have been experiencing the same problem with the aic7xx driver load locking
+durring install of Red Hat 7.1.  I have an Adaptec AHA-2940 with SCSI BIOS
+level v1.32.  I call Adaptec and they informed me that the original AHA-2940
+would not be supported, but that the AHA-2940 Ultra Kit, or the 29160N SCSI
+controllers would support the Linux 7.1 install.
+
+Is there a way to use the old drive with the new kernel?  I would rather not
+have to spend $275.00 for a new controller.

Justin,

Is it true that the older AHA2940UWs (without the Wide/Narrow bridge)
are unsupported by your drivers?

FYI, I am still unable to get a 2949UW based system to boot using 2.4.6
or prior. I am going to try 2.4.5-ac24 since that has some PCI fixes.

Thanks,
Dale

PGP Public Key Fingerprint =  41 88 59 D9 B2 A7 27 99  F7 EB 1F 0E AD CA F1 26