loading aic7xxx module
Gianluca Cecchi
tekka99 at libero.it
Wed Jan 24 15:14:19 PST 2001
I'm not an expert on this but you need initrd feature (that stays for
INITial Ram Disk) or compile
directly into the kernel the aictxxx support (reasonable if you definetly
always use the disks).
Search for "initrd".
Hope it helps.
Bye,
Gianluca
----- Original Message -----
From: "Johan Aberg" <ja at fido.se>
To: <aic7xxx at FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 11:38 PM
Subject: loading aic7xxx module
>
> Kind of *very* basic question, but...
>
> How do I make sure that the aic7xxx module is being loaded at boot time?
> I've tried 'insmod aic7xxx' manually and that works great. The SCSI card
is
> detected and so is the SCSI drive.
>
> But when I reboot, the aic7xxx module doesn't seems to load. Have I missed
> something? Do I have to add a line in a startup script or something (like
> 'insmod aic7xxx' )?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -johan
>
>
>
> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
> with "unsubscribe aic7xxx" in the body of the message
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
with "unsubscribe aic7xxx" in the body of the message
More information about the aic7xxx
mailing list