AIC-7870 boot troubles

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd at challenge.dk
Thu Jan 18 07:50:45 PST 2001

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 cullen at helios.dhs.org wrote:

> I have a server case, quad pentium 166 that I just aquired, and I can't
> get it to boot a scsi hard drive.  It has a raid setup, but I am not using
> raid devices, just normal scsi hard drive, a 4.5 gig seagate.  I don't
> know what I have to setup to get it to boot one of the scsi devices, it
> detects them, I can access them under linux, but I just can't get the bios
> to boot them.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

Without knowing the particular hardware, is there any chance that the raid
controller is configured to drive a raid setup? In that case it may very
well refuse to boot when only a single device is present.

Mads

Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd at challenge.dk
Any attempt to brew coffee with a teapot should result in the error
code "418 I'm a teapot". The resulting entity body MAY be short and
stout.
                                 - rfc2324. Go look it up... :-)