Problem with Adaptec 2842

Braden N. McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Wed Sep 20 21:39:20 PDT 2000

I'm trying to install Red Hat Linux 6.2 on an old 486 with an Adaptec 2842
board. The installation is dying when it tries to load the SCSI driver. I
get:

  Kernel panic: aic7xxx: unrecoverable BRKADRINT.
  In swapper task - not syncing

I have tried the driver update disk available from Doug Ledford's page,
and it yields the same error message. However, the version of the driver
that shipped with RH 5.2 works just fine. Any suggestions? (Other than
give up and be happy with RH 5.2... :-)

--
Braden N. McDaniel                              e-mail: braden at endoframe.com
<http://www.endoframe.com>                      Jabber: braden at jabber.com