Problem getting Seagate ST318436LW to work with AIC7xxx driver

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd at challenge.dk
Tue Sep 5 02:06:08 PDT 2000

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, John T. Stapleton wrote:

>     The messages have the form:
>
>         host 0 abort (pid 12) ...
>         channel 0 reset timed out trying harder
>         abort command due to timeout scsi 0 channel 0 id 9 lun 0

>             SCSI Parity Checking ............. Enabled

I have had symptoms similar to those you describe for a disk that had a
SCA interface, where I was using a converter. Apperently something went
wrong with the parity settings. In my case it helped to disable the parity
checking in the host bios.

Of course, YMMW.

Mads

Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd at challenge.dk
The infamous Melissa virus, Explore.zip, VBS/Bubbleboy, X97M/Papa, ILOVEYOU
and MORELOVE viruses all used the Outlook address book to spread themselves.