[Linux-scsi] HELP : ADAPTEC 2940 UW Pro an ongoing saga

Jeff Hill jhill at hronline.com
Mon Jun 26 12:09:36 PDT 2000

Chris Beggy wrote:

> > had offered (on the list) to help those with problems similar to mine,
> > which gave me encouragement, and then he never responded to my queries

The above is frankly what burned me.

> Hey!  If this were a Microsoft driver, the identity of the
> author would be unknown to you.  How about assigning
> some responsibility to Adaptec?  What have they disclosed to
> Doug and other developers?  What about interactions with
> the PCI chipset and the interrupt handler?

Support for Microsoft drivers is available (at a fee) so I don't need to
know the author, and Adaptec says upfront that they currently don't
offer support.

An offer of assistance (virtually hours before my query) was made on the
list. I followed specifically what he said and responded with exactly
what he said to send him and then waited for days, then weeks. If he had
responded telling me he didn't have time, I might not have been happy
but I would have respected that. Trying for months to get a driver to
work, being given hope, and then being left to endlessly wait for a
response is a form of torture.

> I shared the experience with this list and perhaps saved someone
> else the same trouble.  I am sorry it wasn't you, but please don't
> take it out on Doug Ledford.

Saving someone else pain was the purpose of my post as well. If it
offended you or Doug Ledford I am sorry, but it is an experience I would
not want someone else to have. I am not trying to suggest anything
negative about Ledford's capabilities in general, but about this
particular and very negative experience.

Regards,

Jeff Hill

> Chris
>
> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
> with "unsubscribe aic7xxx" in the body of the message

P.S. As this list never actually helped me, and my comments seem
unwanted, I'll take majordomo's suggestion and unsubscribe now.