Adaptec 29160N

markh at compro.net markh at compro.net
Thu Jun 1 04:43:49 PDT 2000

Michael Parkinson wrote:

> OK,
>
> Took some advice, got the latest and greatest Kernel patches, patched
> 2.2.10 from 5.1.17 -> 5.1.30 no problems.
>
> Made kernel, fine, created image, stuffed it on a floppy tried to boot
> system:
>
> It seems to find the device OK, finds the first drive and then:
>
> scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi 0, channel 0, id 0,
> lun 0, Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
>
> Thats it folks.........
>
> What can I try next?
>
> I am extremely open to suggestions, other than throwing the card out of the
> window and performing a tried and tested way of accelerating a piece of
> hardware (Nearly tried this one)?
>
> Please help .. my head hurts!
>
> Mike
I know it's no help but I'm getting the same message. When it happens
it continues and continues...... I have to CNTRL-ALT-DEL.
I'm using an adaptek 2930U. My scsi bus has 4 seagate barracuda's, 1
exabyte 8500c tape, a Syquest EZ-135 removeable, and a Yamaha
crw8424s cd writer. If remove either the exabyte or the yamaha from the
bus all works fine.
I even get hangs during the bios device search sometimes in this config.
Since I seldom need bothe the cd and tape at the same time I've been
living with it. I just leave Exabyte tape out until I need to do backup.
And no my scsi id's/termination are set correctly.

Mark