aic7xxx and Promise UDMA conflict

Lars Nummedal larsnu at pvv.ntnu.no
Tue Jan 18 04:28:37 PST 2000

Hi,

are you sure that none of the Promise controllers are in a PCI-slot
sharing IRQ with your Adaptec card? Sometimes the two last PCI-slots share
IRQ, and one of the PCI slots almost always share an IRQ with the onboard
SCSI controller (if you have one). You can see this in the manual, or try
to reassign the IRQ's of that slot in the BIOS. If the aic7xxx' IRQ
follows, they're sharing.

Regards,
Lars
--
Support organized crime: Buy Microsoft products.