Adaptec 2930U2: pretty please!

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Aug 2 10:45:55 PDT 2000

Bob_Tracy wrote:

> If anyone on the list is successfully using an Adaptec 2930U2 with
> Linux, I would very much appreciate several such persons contacting
> me with the following information:
>
> (1) card firmware version
> (2) card firmware settings, if non-default
> (3) Linux kernel version
> (4) aic7xxx driver built-in or modular?
> (5) aic7xxx driver version
> (6) aic7xxx driver options used, if any
>
> Note to Doug Ledford: if I can't figure out which way is up after
> comparing my configuration against a reasonable sample set, I'll
> happily ship my 2930U2 card to you if (a) you're amenable to the
> idea and (b) you don't have a 2930U2 to work with.

I have multiple of them in use here already.  I suspect it isn't a 2930U2
problem you are having but more likely a device specific issue.  Try
unplugging one device at a time from your SCSI bus and then trying to boot
linux and see if unplugging any one device in particular makes things start
working.

>  I'm beginning
> to suspect there aren't too many of these beasts being used with
> Linux...
>
> --
> Bob Tracy
> rct at wlk.com

 Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>  http://people.redhat.com/dledford
      Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before
                      e-mailing me about problems