Adaptec 2944UW help

Christopher "C.J." Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Fri Apr 28 13:31:31 PDT 2000

Hello,
    I'm trying to add a HP SureStore 1200ex optical juke box to my
Slackware 7 file server.  I'm using Adaptec's 2944UW controller to the
juke box.  The juke box has 10 optical drives plus robotics, using LUN
addressing.  I have compiled in the AIC7xxx driver on the kernel.  Anyway
when I boot up with the juke box on, the kernel is assigning it as the
first drive (sda) and then the kernel panics.  I have tried passing in the
argument "aic7xxx=reverse_scan" during bootup, but no luck there.  Does
anyone have any suggestions as how I can get the kernel not to assign the
Juke box as the first drive?

Thanks...

C. J. Keist                     Email: cjay at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-2465
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301