PCI order

Matthew Harrell mharrell at bittwiddlers.com
Tue Nov 30 07:53:12 PST 1999

: The most common problem is that you use an initrd to load the aic7xxx module
: in which case you have to use module parameters, not boot line parameters, to
: change the settings.

No, I'm not using initrd - it's compiled in directly.

I did just get a message across the linux.kernel maillist that says that the
"aic7xxx=..." options don't work in 2.3.29 and there is a suggested patch.
I can forward the message to you if you're interested.  There's another message
refuting part of the patch but not the problem so I haven't actually tried the
patch yet.

--
  Matthew Harrell                          Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.
  Bit Twiddlers, Inc.
  mharrell at bittwiddlers.com