Problems with Adaptec 2940U2W and removable optical disk

Claudio Cicognani klaudio at btstore.com
Fri Nov 26 10:36:26 PST 1999

Hallo,

recently I have installed on my Pentium III 450 with RedHat 6.1 a
SCSI Controller Adaptec 2940U2W with a CD-Writer and a FUJITSU M2512A
Magneto-Optical removable disk(230Mb).

Everything work fine, but when I replace a MO cartridge with an other,
the contents of the new inserted (and mounted) cartridge appear the same
of the previous (with very dangerous consequences).

The only way to correct the problem is to rmmod/insmod the aic7xxx
driver.
With an older SCSI controller Adaptec 1522 there are no problems.

Some helps ?

Thanks in advance.
Claudio Cicognani
<klaudio at btstore.com>