2940U2W Status

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Mar 8 11:05:31 PST 1999

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Hal (DCI) wrote:

> Greetings !!
>
> What is the current development status for the U2W drivers?

They work very well for at least the 7890 (which I run a bunch of).
>From what I've seen reported on the list they work well for (most of?)
the rest of the Adaptec U2W cards.  Doug Ledford was reporting basically
"perfect" performance from dual U2W interfaces both loaded with two
Cheetahs a week or two ago.

I'd say "use them with confidence", especially if they are on
mainstream/common cards.  You might ask the list if they are exotic or
onboard just to get specific confirmation of function for any particular
configuration.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu