Problems with conection TV-tuner to Adaptec AHA 2940 (fwd)

Katarzyna Zajac kzajac at icslab.agh.edu.pl
Mon Jun 21 05:24:00 PDT 1999

Hello!

I am writting to you,because I've got a problem with my SCSI
controler (Adaptec AHA 2940) under Linux (Kernel 2.2.5 or Kernel 2.2.10)
I have a TV digital tuner Nokia d-box 9500, that is SCSI device
attached to my controler via external cables.
When I am trying to load a module aic7xxx without Nokia beeing pluged in
It finds the controler.

The problem starts, when I am trying to load the same module with
Nokia pluged in , it tries to reset bus , but something is wrong,
and it is trying it again in infinite loop ( it writes messages from the
kernel, and it can't stop).
I tried various options described in readme file -no_reset, no_probe,verbose
-to see whats wrong.
I also tried the option,which set the termination in the controler, but
nothing helped.

The problem are only under Linux, because under Win98 everything is OK
(Win98 finds the Nokia and the controler without any specyfic drivers
for Nokia).

I hope you can help me.

Katarzyna Zajac