aic 3940 problem

dledford at redhat.com dledford at redhat.com
Mon Jun 21 05:18:28 PDT 1999

Nick Taylor wrote:

> Hi
>
> So is anyone out there using 3940s with recent linux and aic drivers? Here I
> have now
> reverted to a 2940 with no problems, the 3940 hangs the system as soon as a
> second drive
> becomes active even when only using a single channel.
>
> This is since upgrading to SuSE 6.0 kernel 2.0.36, aic 5.1.5 and seems to
> happen on all
> subsequent versions that I downloaded.
>
> Is anyone having the same problem??

I made some changes to the 5.1.17 version of the aic7xxx driver that might
effect your problem.  That driver is in the 2.2.10 kernel now.  If you could
try that and let me know if it doesn't solve your problem, I would appreciate
it.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford at redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but