aic3940 with SuSE 6.0 (kernel 2.0.36)

Nick Taylor nt at dataskill.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 02:03:33 PDT 1999

Further to my earlier posting with the stupid subject of FAQs.

Here's more info:

Have attached files in /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/* (Sorry if atttachments are pain but don't
know how to import files into Netscape)

System 2940 currently only running a tape, 3940 with 4Gb Quantum on Channel A & 9Gb
QuantumViking II on B.
Full symptoms - System seems OK until second drive used extensively (eg mkfs) and then
hangs with no visible messages and drive ligh on on second drive.

Have tried kernel 2.2.5 with aic v5.1.5 but they all seem to do the same.

TCQ is off by default - Turning on makes things worse, hangs during boot phase.

All was fine with SuSE 5.2, but I need to upgrade now because of libc6 apps.

Many thanks for prompt suggestions so far

Nick
---

--
Nick Taylor   mailto://nt@dataskill.co.uk   Dataskill, London, England