installing directly to a SCSI HD controlled by a AIC-7890

F. Schwieterman fschwiet at u.washington.edu
Sat Jan 30 20:26:42 PST 1999

  I see there is a patch available to allow Linux to support Adaptec's
AIC-7890 SCSI adapter.  However, my HD is SCSI so I can't install Linux
first to build the patch into my kernel.
  I heard some people on this list had ran into this situation and may
have worked it out.  I'd appreciate whatever help I can get.

Frank Schwieterman
fschwiet at u.washington.edu