How to force a bus reset?

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 10:01:00 PST 1999

Randy Gobbel wrote:

> the other messages from tape drive owners, many different types of
> sequential-access devices are having problems--so there's definitely a bug in
> that version of the aic7xxx driver.

It's not the aic7xxx driver, it's the st.c driver.  It fails to clear and
error condition once encountered in certain versions of the kernel.  I would
know more, but I no longer have a tape drive and don't really have any means
of testing changes I might make.  I'll try and wrestle a tape drive from
somewhere....

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford at redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but