AIC7XXX for SMP kernel

Mike Isely isely at enteract.com
Tue Dec 14 08:55:15 PST 1999

Yes, but I suspect given the thoroughness of the things he's tried in the
past, Mr. Brown probably would have seen this and figured it out himself
if it were in the FAQ.  Going through the mailing list archives certainly
helps but the S/N ratio is far better in an FAQ.  Making it obviously
available and up-to-date would at least give you the excuse to now say "go
read the FAQ!"  Well maybe it is in the FAQ; I haven't looked recently.
(But then I haven't had a reason to look either.)

  -Mike

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Doug Ledford wrote:

> Mike Isely wrote:
> >
> > When's the last time the FAQ was updated?  Maybe the canned suffix on all
> > postings should contain a pointer to the FAQ?
>
> Possibly.  It was last updated about 6 months ago I think.  Currently, I try
> to keep the README.aic7xxx file pretty much up to date, but it isn't an FAQ
> and it doesn't answer typical questions, it describes the driver options.
> However, none of that helps if the people don't read the stuff first, which is
> the common case.
>
> --
>   Doug Ledford   <dledford at redhat.com>
>    Opinions expressed are my own, but
>       they should be everybody's.

    POSITIVELY NO       |                             | 03 54 43 4D 75 E5 CC 92
 UNSOLICITED JUNK MAIL! |   isely @ pobox (dot) com   | 71 16 01 E2 B5 F5 C1 E8
                        |   (spam-foiling  address)   |