AIC7XXX for SMP kernel

Sjag Steensma sjags at stonedatasystems.nl
Tue Dec 14 07:36:25 PST 1999

SDS Stone Data Systems                                        Tel: 020 672 3227
   Linux toepassingen                                         Gsm: 062 420 9252
Jasonstraat 30-I; 1076 LB Amsterdam                           Fax: 020 670 7656

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Sapphire Software wrote:

> > "Robert L. Brown Jr." wrote:
> > >
> > > Can anybody tell me what version of Linux has an aic7xxx driver
> > > that will work in an SMP compiled kernel?

Yep: 2x II 500 Mhz on ASUS P2B-DS, aic7xxx.c,v 1.119 1997/06/27 ( part of
rh 6.0 ) works ok. I did not use any special options for compiling SMP
kernel apart from MAKE=make -j3. Single processor kernels as installed by
rh installation worked ok also.

> > No, of course not!  The aic7xxx driver and SMP kernels never have and never
> > will work!!

Huh?

> > (sometimes I honestly wonder just how many SMP systems there are out there
> > running the aic7xxx driver right now....)

See doc on linux SMP; others have the same board running.

Regards,

Sjag