Adaptec 2940U2W and new 2.110 bios

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Sat Apr 24 11:11:49 PDT 1999

Venkatesh Krishnamurthi wrote:

> > Doug Ledford wrote:
>
> [ stuff deleted ]
>
> > I think you need to find out how/why you aren't using a kernel with the
> > 5.1.15 driver and then update to it and your problem should go away.
>
>   The latest kernel (2.2.6) still uses the 5.1.10 version of the aic7xxx
> driver.  As fas as I can tell, the 5.1.15 version still has not made it
> into the "official" kernel source.

That's not the point.  Read his email.  In his email he said he was
using 5.1.15 but the logs he attached to the email with the reset
condition clearly showed he was using 5.1.14.  There was a discrepancy
there and that's what I was pointing out.  Further, the exact log he
attached to his email is one that I could have told you before hand
would happen with 5.1.14 and the IBM drive he has in his computer.  What
version of the aic7xxx driver is in Linus' official kernel tree is
irrelevant when someone says they are using 5.1.15 and the logs instead
show 5.1.14.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford at redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but