First test

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Sep 22 09:55:30 PDT 1998

OK, I was wrong.  Powering down and removing the plug does indeed
restore the system to a state where BREAKINT is again looped.  freebsd
does indeed still restore it so linux will boot again.  So I can now
easily recover a system to test any fixes against.

I gotta watch those statistical inferences from a sampling Universe of
one...or even two or three.;-)

I have to go now, but tomorrow I'll try Doug's debugging kernel before
and after.

  rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu