uninitialized, timed out

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Fri Sep 18 23:58:13 PDT 1998

a0 at ee.uos.ac.kr wrote:

> I am having trouble installing aic7xxx driver (5.1.0pre10/3.2.4
> module) on my redhat5.1 with 2.0.35 kernel. Attached below is the log
> message and other system information. I tried with the
> auto-termination disabled and also without the
> aic7xxx="no_reset.extended" option to get the same "timed out" and
> "trying harder" failure. I also tried with the wide negotiation
> disabled, transfer rate at 8MB, sync disabled... without success.
>
> The adapter itself has id#7 and I don't have any SCSI hard drive

Your boot messages show that the driver thought your SCSI ID was set to 0.
That was probably the problem and I just found a bug in the pre10 driver
that was causing this error.  Pre11 should fix your problems as soon as it's
released.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but