2940U2W for Slakware

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Sep 17 11:26:19 PDT 1998

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Dirk Glöde wrote:

> Hello
>
> I can boot with the new aic7xxx-5.1.0-pre10 and the Rescue Disk for
> Suse. But I can not Install my Slakware Systems. Can anywhere build
> a Slackware bootdisk with the Patch from the dialnet site ?

Presuming that you have a slackware CD and/or net access and access to
a linux box of some flavor:

To build a slackware boot disk, build a kernel with the aic7xxx_etc you
like on it.  Place a floppy in the drive.  Read kernels/README.NOW on
the slackware CD or the slackware/kernels directory on e.g. sunsite.
Follow its instructions (which are to run the scripts therein to build a
slackware boot disk from an arbitrary kernel).

It is very simple.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu