Again have timing problems

Andre Hinrichs andre at u9eta.dmst01.telekom.de
Fri Oct 9 00:40:07 PDT 1998

Hi!

I got the final release 5.1 within the 2.1.125 kernel.
Unfortunately, the driver got timeouts again. The driver version
5.1.0-pre13 worked fine.
The problem occure on a Fujitsu Magneto Optical Drive, which I set to
NOT Negotiate in the BIOS of the Adapter (an Adaptec 2940UW Bios v1.34)
due to timing problems with the pre-drivers when I set Negotiation ON.
Now, the driver states that the device has been synchroniced to 20MB/s
wich it should not do...
The device is definitely a SLOW device and 20MB/s is definitely too fast.
Of course, the synchronisation is followed by an endless reset loop.

I haven't found any statement in the README file, how to tell the driver
not to synchronice.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

  Andre