RH 5.1 install

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Nov 16 10:53:19 PST 1998


On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Josh Logan wrote:

> 
> How does one use the boot disk to finish a RH 5.1 install?
> 
> I have the new boot.img and I am able to go throught the whole setup
> process.  When I reboot I get an error loading /lib/aic7xxx
> 
> Also if I use the rescue disk I get the same error.
> 
> Any ideas?  Or a README?

With Red Hat Linux 5.2 out, I'm discontinuing my support of boot disks for
the Red Hat Linux 5.1 operating system.  The 5.2 version includes the U2
support in the shipping disks, so that makes things *MUCH* easier on me.
There were several issues with providing 5.1 boot disks that made support
of them a vast headache for me and a proper README file next to
impossible.  I simply don't have the time to do that sort of support.

  Doug Ledford   <dledford at redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but
      they should be everybody's.


To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
with "unsubscribe freebsd-aic7xxx" in the body of the message



More information about the aic7xxx mailing list