Driver

Garfield Lewis galewis at ca.ibm.com
Mon May 25 12:03:09 PDT 1998

Hello,

I have the following problem and was wondering if I could get any help for this:

I have a machine with the following configuration:

1G RAM
17 HDD (16 4G, 1 2G)
1 Adaptec 7880 Controller (12 HDD, 2nd HDD is 2 GB and contains my Linux
partition)
1 Adaptec 2940 Controller (5 HDD)

Whenever I try to boot the machine with 256M of RAM or less everything works
fine and I am able to boot up. However, if I try to boot with more that 256M I
get the following errors:

(scsi1:0:0:0) Invalid SCB ID 29 is active, SCB flags = 0x805
SCSI host 1 channel 0 reset (pid 119) timed out - trying harder
SCSI bus is being reset for host 1 channel 0
SCSI host 1 abort (pid 119) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 1 channel 0

I've tried using aic7xxx=no_reset but that does not help.

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thx, Garfield...