5.0.14 (aic7xxx) -- Lockup

Matthew Jacob mjacob at feral.com
Mon May 18 12:35:04 PDT 1998

Tom Browder wrote:

> I guess I'm having problems similar to the pci parity ones:
> my DEC alpha locks up after a few commands under
> the 2.0.33 kernel with the new aic7xxx source.

I'd kinda doubt PCI parity- although DEC's PCI implementations
mean that Parity may or may not be set/checked- I think there's
an SRM setting for this- I'm a little vague about this, sorry-

but if parity settings aren't matching, you'll never get anywhere
at all- the first DMA attempted by the AIC will fall into a loop
of urps. In 5.0.14 you should in fact see printouts (umm, if
you have that Alpha echo_serial_console set)..