more AIC problems

Derek Seaman dseaman at spawar.navy.mil
Wed Mar 11 09:19:58 PST 1998

I have some more information on the problems with dual 2940A v1.30 cards.
Even with the BIOS disabled on an empty card, but card termination
disabled, the system refuses to boot. I get a spurious interrupt error. If
I enable card termination the system is OK.

Also, the problem with data over runs happens even with the 2nd card's BIOS
disabled. I had previously thought disabling the BIOS corrected the
problem. But this morning the data over runs started happening again.
Moving all the devices to one card _always_ corrects the problems.

So it looks like there might be a problem handling two SCSI cards in one
system. Maybe because of the 1.30 BIOS?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, because using one SCSI card in my
system is not a viable option for a production quality system.

Derek L. Seaman, Engineer
SPAWAR System Center, San Diego
Tactical Cryptologic Systems, D7213
dseaman at spawar.navy.mil