2.1.8X boot hangs on 2940UW controller...

Matthew Cummings cummings at stingray.net
Tue Mar 10 04:06:01 PST 1998

"Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen at iworks.InterWorks.org> wrote:
> > aic7xxx plus "scanning" hangs, but got nothing like the message I'm
> > seeing.
>
> Search for Daniel Berlin, ordered by date.  Read the messages
> with subjects "hmmmm" and "AH HAH".
> It's not too clear from that last posting what BIOS he is talking
> about (motherboard or Adaptec).  It sounds like there is one
> SuperMicro
> BIOS version that has Adaptec BIOS version 1.25, and that this one
> works.
>
> If it's not the motherboard, I'm clueless...

I have the same problem with a different scsi card and motherboard,
mine's an Advansys and Tyan Tomcat II smp motherboard.  I believe it's a
problem with the smp changes since 2.1.85.  I am currently running
2.1.82 with no problems.

My point being, I don't think it's the bios on the motherboard or scsi
card.  Rather it's a change with the smp code, I understand it's been
changed to make it much faster in 2.1.85.