No devices detected

Carsten Wimmer cawim at garrincha.oche.de
Wed Jun 17 02:24:45 PDT 1998

Hi!

Up to 2.0.34 I never had any problems with my AIC7880. But 2.0.34 is unable
to detect any devices on the SCSI bus. It just sits there, waits
for some time (I tried 5 and 20 seconds as delay after the reset)
and then prints 'scsi: detected' on my console. Of course Linux is unable
to mount the root partition afterwards.

I applied the latest adaptec patches (5.0.19), but this doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

cu,
cawim

--