AHA 2940U2W

Serge M. Egelman serge at egel2.med.umn.edu
Thu Jul 30 22:38:45 PDT 1998

I have an adaptec aha2940u2w.  I finally found the aic7xxx driver
(pre5), when there is nothing on the controller the driver works
perfectly and it loads under linux.  However, when I add a drive onto
the controller during boot up it doesn't boot properly because it says
something about not being able to reset the controller (I don't have the
exact message at the moment because I'm at home, but if it will help I
can send it).
Has anyone seen this?  Is this a driver problem or a configuration
problem (i.e. termination)?

serge