Follow up (Dell 410)

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Jul 24 10:16:59 PDT 1998

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Patrick W. Bryant wrote:

> Wow: I disabled the BIOS for my aic7890 and voila! The machine boots and I
> can mount the drive that's on it. I'm using 2.0.35 (BTW, thanks for all

Brilliant idea and ditto!  I suppose that in the fullness of time it
would be great to have a driver that worked with the BIOS enabled, but
I disabled it and 5.1.0pre5 works.  I've run fdisk and am running
mke2fs and a tarpipe install of my diskless root stuff.  I'll then
recut an SMP kernel and (shudder) try to embed aic7xxx inside instead
of loading as a module.

Super work, Doug and Patrick!

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu