Termination issue on Gigabyte MB

Holger Bauer bauer at itsm.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jan 23 01:09:22 PST 1998

Hi,

anybody annoyed about the `stupid' thing? Should have been a joke :-)
Only got one answer to my question about Termination with a

       68pin    50pin
     UW-----7880------U
    Disk    Contr.   Disk

setup, where aic7xx reports High and Low Byte Termination to be OFF
(even I removed jumper 15 on my Gigabyte 586-DX (Dual Pent.MB) -->
High Byte Termination enabled).

Jim Curran (thanks!) adviced me to statically compile the appropriate
termination into the driver. Is this really the only way to go with a
2.1.75 kernel and a Gigabyte 586-DX motherboard? Is there ANY way to
force auto-termination or to inhibit resetting of the termination setup?
Anybody out there who would try to check her/his 586-DX termination
and compare it to the aic7xxx=verbose statistics?

Thanks for listening,

Holger

|  Holger Bauer     | Univ. of Stuttgart         |
|  Dipl.-Ing.       | 70550 Stuttgart, Germany   |
|  phone +49.711.685-3543, FAX +49.711.685-3280  |
|  http://www.itsm.uni-stuttgart.de/staff/bauer/ |