aic7895 & Tyan Thunder II

Luis.G.Silva at inesc.pt Luis.G.Silva at inesc.pt
Thu Jan 22 14:48:25 PST 1998

Hi !

Once again, *THANK YOU*, Doug for this new aic7xxx driver.

About the support to the aic7895 that this new driver provides, it works,
but I still have some problems (by order of importance):

  - if I connect my Zip Plus drive (to Channel A), it loops, during the
    boot, reseting the SCSI bus;

  - in my Tyan Thunder II motherboard (BIOS v1.16) it only works when I
    force the IRQs of both channels to be 11, otherwise it hangs when
    scanning Channel B, that has no devices attached;

  - it cannot detect or read the SEEPROM;

Next time you have some free time to dedicate to the driver I would
be grateful if you could give a look at this problems.

Thanks in advance,
-Luis