Micropolis 1991w disks and Adaptec 2940 ultra (off topic)

Jess Johnson jester at feeding.frenzy.com
Wed Jan 21 06:32:22 PST 1998

You can buy adapters from Widescsi Drives to a Narrow cable that work fine. You lose the
high ID bit and of course it wont do Wide transfers, but my experience has been they
work fine.

Putting a narrow drive on a wide cable only requires that you properly terminate
the wide cable, as the narrow drive can only terminate the low bits. I generally put
all my internal drives on one cable, using the adapters so I will still have the
external connector free. I just make sure to put the narrow drives on the cable inbetween
the host adapter and the wide drive that terminates the chain.

---
Jess Johnson

According to Karl Pielorz: