very very strange !

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Tue Jan 20 10:34:14 PST 1998

On 20-Jan-98 Luis Guerra e Silva wrote:

>Hi, again !
>
>I updated my Tyan Thunder's BIOS. And by error allocated an extra
>IRQ for ISA devices. Because of this, the two SCSI Channels are
>now assigned to the same IRQ (11) and IT WORKS !

Well, that's about a pisser! :)  It should have worked even if the IRQs
weren't the same as long as the PCI BIOS info returned the right IRQ for
each.  Hmmm.....

Anyway, I need to know if that modified aic7xxx.c file let's the driver read
your particular SEEPROM.  I just found the thinko/typo that was messing up
2742T controllers I'm pretty sure, and if I can get the SEEPROM issue
straightened out on your motherboard, along with the changes I've been
making to the tagged queueing error handler in response to the email about
the Micropolis drive, I'd like to get it all put together into a 5.0.1
release pretty quick (as in today if possible).

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford at dialnet.net>
Date: 20-Jan-98
Time: 12:30:42