Tagged Queueing and Dque Bit

Klaus Steinberger Klaus.Steinberger at Physik.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Wed Jan 7 00:10:34 PST 1998

On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 05:33:00AM -0000, Mike Bilow wrote:
> Carrying the comments made by you and Dan further, maybe we're all looking at
> the wrong fundamental problem.  I said in an earlier message that correct mode
> page configuration was really a user responsibility, although most users are
> not really capable of dealing with it.  Perhaps the real solution here is a
> userland utility that builds from ScsiInfo to make suggestions and detect these
> oddball settings, a sort of SCSI Lint?  Any of the text-handling languages such
> as Perl could be used to parse the output of ScsiInfo.

Such a utility sounds nice, but the driver should be bullet proof anyway,
otherwise the system will not come up, so that you could use the utility
(hen and egg problem). I think the mid level code should check for
the Dque bit, but the low level driver should be bullet proof to,
like the solution Doug talked about.

Sincerly,
Klaus

--
Klaus Steinberger               Beschleunigerlabor der TU und LMU Muenchen
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287        Hochschulgelaende, D-85748 Garching, Germany