2.0.36 + aic7xxx-5.1.4 = no-go

Osma Ahvenlampi oa at spray.fi
Wed Dec 2 01:35:37 PST 1998

Vincent Cojot <coyote at step.polymtl.ca> writes:
> 2.0.36 with 5.1.4 is a no-go for me where pre-10+2.0.35 has worked
> flawlessy. Platform: IBM PC server 704 with:

Linux version 2.0.36 (root at safir.spray.fi) (gcc version egcs-2.91.57 19980901 (egcs-1.1 release)) #5 Mon Nov 23 21:18:40 EET 1998

Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version: 5.1.4/3.2.4
Compile Options:
  AIC7XXX_RESET_DELAY    : 10
  AIC7XXX_TAGGED_QUEUEING: Adapter Support Enabled
                             Check below to see which
                             devices use tagged queueing
  AIC7XXX_PAGE_ENABLE    : Enabled (This is no longer an option)
  AIC7XXX_PROC_STATS     : Disabled

Adapter Configuration:
           SCSI Adapter: Adaptec AIC-7890/1 Ultra2 SCSI host adapter
                           Ultra2-LVD/SE Wide Controller

Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version: 5.1.4/3.2.4
Compile Options:
  AIC7XXX_RESET_DELAY    : 10
  AIC7XXX_TAGGED_QUEUEING: Adapter Support Enabled
                             Check below to see which
                             devices use tagged queueing
  AIC7XXX_PAGE_ENABLE    : Enabled (This is no longer an option)
  AIC7XXX_PROC_STATS     : Disabled

Adapter Configuration:
           SCSI Adapter: Adaptec AIC-7860 Ultra SCSI host adapter
                           Ultra Narrow Controller

md0 : active raid5 sdd2[2] sdc2[1] sdb2[0] 0 blocks level 5, 32k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/3] [UUU]

Flawless operation, based on the raid0145-19981110-2.0.35.gz kernel
patch which I adapted for 2.0.36 (no, don't ask me for it, I won't
give it to you. If you can't fix a patch file yourself, wait for an
official release)

--
Bedfellows make strange politicians.
Osma Ahvenlampi <oa at spray.fi>