Tagged Queueing

Massoud Asgharifard masu at peik.bol.sharif.ac.ir
Fri Aug 7 22:15:15 PDT 1998

Hi,

I am using a AHA-2940UW on a system, with 2 SCSI disks, when I enable
tagged queueing, and try to make a filesystem (i.e. mke2fs /dev/sda1)
at sometimes it goes to reset the controller, and times-out. Then I can
do nothing except a system reset. When tagged queueing is off, there is no
problem.
Now, my question is:
 1- Is my problem because of AIC7XXX_CMDS_PER_LUN value (too low/high) or
it is a known bug?
 2- How can I find limit of AIC7XXX_CMDS_PER_LUN for a given
configuration?

Regards,
   Massoud Asgharifard.