Adaptec Fast-Wide & IBM DHFS Drive

Daniel M. Eischen deischen at iworks.InterWorks.org
Sat Sep 27 02:56:03 PDT 1997

> I picked up an OEM version of an IBM DFHS S4W drive (aka UltraStar XP);
> built for Apple.  It's a fast wide single-ended drive, 7200rpm., 4.1GB
> capacity.  A screamer, but it absolutely refuses to work if tagged
> queueing is enabled in the driver.

Perhaps it doesn't support tagged queueing?

You can turn off tagged queueing by on a device-by-device basis,
if you wish to enable tagged queueing for other devices on the bus.

> In any case, if any of the aic7xxx driver developers have ideas, let me
> know what I can do to capture a screen of data?

Force a panic so that you can capture the first few messages?

Dan Eischen
deischen at iworks.InterWorks.org