More timeout problems :(

Alex garbanzo at hooked.net
Sun Sep 14 18:19:32 PDT 1997

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Daniel M. Eischen wrote:

> > queuing, and memio enabled.  My question is this, is there any
> > way to prevent this from happening again (luckily this time I didn't loose
> > any data), if not how much does an NCR/Symbios 810 cost?
>
> What kind of Quantum drives do you have?  You didn't notice any
> QUEUE_FULL messages?

sd0 is a Fireball TM3200S
sd1 is a Lightning 730S
cd0 is a Matshita CR-506

There may have been QUEUE FULL messages, but if they appeared around the
beginning, I missed them as the driver really went bezerk.  I noticed
[5,6] scbs aborted messages, timeouts however.

> How's your bus terminated?

<jumper termination>-<sd1>-<aic>-<sd0>-<cd0>-<jumper termination>

I know the cd is terminated, and am fairly sure about the Lightning as
when I added it, I had a lot of cable trouble, and I've run make world at
least 5 times.  If all else fails I guess I'll be stuck with my venerable
aha-1542.

- alex